Digital Marketing Copywriter
We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Digital Marketing Copywriter who aspires to work in an agency setting and has a passion for digital marketing. This is a full-time position working from our office in Collegeville, PA and not a work from home or telecommute opportunity. In this role, you will create engaging, compelling messages for a wide variety of clients in a wide variety of industries. The ideal candidate is skilled in crafting both long and short form content for distribution through multiple communication channels with the primary being new website content.
Our boutique agency is home to a family of sharp, experienced team members who inspire each other to continually drive greater success. Copywriters here don’t disappear into a dark office to churn out generic blog posts and boilerplate landing pages all day. Our copywriters attend client meetings, dig deep into digital marketing strategy and develop strategic messaging that helps our clients stand out.
Having knowledge of general marketing principles and experience with evolving marketing tactics such as SEO is required. Above all, we’re seeking people with a passion for the written word, a willingness to learn and grow, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
You Are A Good Fit If
- You can write copy that sells
- You can put yourself in your reader’s shoes, cut through the clutter, and excite them by what you write
- You can give visitors a reason to stay on a client’s website and not leave for another
- You can position our clients to differentiate themselves over the competition in unique and creative ways
- You can create relationships through your copy and influence desired actions
A Day In The Life Involves
- Write new and edit existing marketing content to drive visits and engagement on our clients’ web sites, ultimately seeking to build relationships that will result in product sales and/or generate leads
- Research content topics by evaluating performance of existing content, conduct analysis of competitors and interview subject matter experts within client organizations
- Guide the content development process from end-to-end, working with both internal and external content contributors and creative resources
- Provide feedback to internal and external contributors to ensure that content aligns to strategy and quality standards
- Work closely with the project managers to implement best practices and recommendations for web content
- Create strategies for content distribution, ensuring content is optimized for search engines, shared, and properly distributed across all appropriate channels
- Establish and manage workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Produce content audits and gap analyses
- Create content and ideas for email campaigns
- Lead content meetings with project managers and our clients
- Create content and manage select social media accounts
- Monitor reputation to effectively review, research, and respond to all posts directed at clients via social channels
- Set clear objectives for growth of likes, reach, engagement, leads, and sales
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of copywriting experience (agency, technology, marketing, or major publication experience preferred)
- Experience writing for SEO and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Stellar writing and proofreading skills (writing samples required)
- Superior time management skills with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to excel in a collaborative environment, showing the capability to both lead and cooperate with others in the organization
- Experience in a client-facing role; must feel comfortable presenting to and engaging with clients
- Forward thinking with a passion for content marketing
- An eye for detail and a dedication to quality
- Basic HTML/WordPress experience
Other Important Stuff
This position is offered as a full-time opportunity working from our office in Collegeville, Pennsylvania. Please do not apply if you are not physically located in our geographic area and unable to work full-time from our office. Telecommuter or remote work applications will not be considered or reviewed.
Employee benefits include 100% company paid medical and prescription coverage, 401k plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and sick time as needed. Salary commensurate with experience. All employees are required to sign a non-disclosure and non-competition agreement.
Should you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, writing samples, and anything else you feel relevant. Stand out from everyone else and you’ll get a telephone call.
Digital Marketing Specialist
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team. Ideally you are incredibly hard working, humble, smart, and think outside of the box. However, the most important characteristics we’re looking for is someone who is a great team player with a willingness to learn and a can-do attitude. If the phrase “that’s not my job” is something you deem acceptable, we’re likely not the place for you.
This is a completely hands on position where you will be creating digital strategy, but more importantly doing the work to execute that strategy in a collaborative team environment. We are not looking for someone who can speak intelligently about SEO and related disciplines but lacks the experience or skills required to do the actual work themselves. Instead, we want you to be ready to get your hands dirty on a daily basis. Define and deliver, not define and assign to someone else.
This position requires the ability to create and execute complex digital marketing plans from start to finish as well as the ability to communicate those complex ideas in a way our clients can understand. You must be comfortable working directly with clients in an account management role through e-mail, video conference, and in person as required. We want someone who is results driven, organized, and willing to do whatever it takes to help our clients be successful.
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Develop and execute creative ideas for websites to increase lead generation and sales
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to identify potential problems and proactively determine solutions to address them
- Analyze full website audits and work with our development team to correct all issues
- Prepare detailed strategy and performance reports for clients
- Analyze keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors on an ongoing basis
- Develop and implement on-site SEO strategies
- Identify powerful keywords and topics to drive the most valuable traffic
- Update websites and other content with effective keywords
- Write and/or edit effective SEO content for websites in a variety of industries
- On-site HTML code optimization
- Experience with multivariate testing tools
- Develop and implement off-site SEO strategies
- Local optimization including setting up and managing location profiles, identifying duplicate profiles and correcting inconsistencies
- Compile, present, and audit SEO guidelines for clients who edit their own websites to ensure their work does not interfere with ours
- Prior experience in content marketing, content growth and SEO
- Excellent knowledge of SEO best practices including staying current within the industry with a focus on Google algorithm changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak intelligently to clients and present information and strategy at a high level in understandable layman’s terms
- Experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Ads, and third-party optimization and keyword research tools
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and outsmart competitors
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability and discipline to meet due dates, putting in extra hours when required
- Have a sense of humor
Other Important Stuff
This position is offered as a full-time opportunity working from our office in Collegeville, Pennsylvania. Please do not apply if you are not physically located in our geographic area and unable to work full-time from our office. Telecommuter or remote work applications will not be considered.
Employee benefits include 401k plan with employer match, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid training, and sick time as needed. Should you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please e-mail email@example.com and explain why. Stand out from everyone else and you’ll get a telephone call.