7 Steps on the Road to a Strong Brand
In today’s day and age, if you want your business to be successful, you have to establish a strong brand. A brand helps people recognize your business, whether it’s through a product, logo, slogan, or name, and is a great way to increase exposure and credibility.
But how do you go about building a brand? It’s actually pretty simple, but will take some time (as in, a few years). But don’t let that scare you – start today and you’ll be seeing success in no time.
- First, you’ll need to think of a trade name that’s clever, funny, or otherwise easily memorable. Make sure it’s one that doesn’t conflict with any other current name and is one that you’re willing to stick behind for as long as you’re in business.
- One you’ve got your name down, you’ll want to establish a mission for your business and a persona you want to project toward your customers. Think of it as an overall “voice” of the company.
- Next, it’s time to create a logo for your business. It can be big, small, colorful, monochrome, intricate, simple, whatever you want it to be. But overall, you want your logo to be something easily recognizable and timeless.
- Now it’s time to create a tagline for your business. You want it to be something that describes your company in a short, sweet, and to-the-point manner.
- Once you’ve got these three pieces of your brand established, incorporate them into pretty much everything – stationary, signs, clothing, the way you answer your phone, flyers, email signature, etc.
- Next, plan a marketing strategy to get your brand out to the public (this is where our digital marketing experts come in hand). Decide where you want to advertise (radio, billboard, television, Google, Facebook, etc.).
- Once you start seeing business, stand behind your brand. Even if you get attacked by unhappy customers, remember – there are always going to be unhappy customers. Create a business confidence and you’ll put your company on a promising path.
At Prager Microsystems, we help businesses of all kinds establish their brands and market them properly. If you’re in need of some help getting started, give us a call today.