20 Questions Asked During a Google Interview
Google has become known as one of the best places to work in the country, and for some, the dream of being a Googler will become a reality. However, they’ll have to answer some difficult questions during the interview process. Here are 20 questions from various job positions:
- Implement a binary tree and explain it’s function.
- What is the marginal cost of a gigabyte in gmail?
- Create a cost model that allows Google to make purchasing decisions on to compare the cost of purchasing more RAM memory for their servers vs. buying more disk space.
- Write an iterator over multiple collections.
- How do you check if a URL is bad really fast in Google server?
- Develop a solution to convex hull and state its complexity.
- How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
- If you were given the land prices in the Bay Area, what would you pick, the mean or the median? Why?
- What happens from the point when you type in a URL in your browser to the point the page gets displayed?
- If you host a celebrity website which displays ads and suddenly notice a drop in traffic to your site/clicks on ads, how do you root cause the issue?
- What is the next billion dollar idea for Google?
- How would you implement an MS Paint clone?
- You have 7 balls. One weighs more than the others (not significantly). You have a scale, like the scales of justice. Describe how to find the weighted ball only using the scale twice.
- If you have a vacant field and add one flower and the number of flowers doubles everyday and at the end of 45 days, the field is full, on what day is the field half full?
- How many people do you think are using their cell phone in the entire world at this very moment?
- Do you know what “Peak Oil” is? You are the product manager of Peak Oil for Google. What do you do?
- Design a system or algorithm to catalog all of the world’s books.
- How many buses are there in Hyderabad?
- Write a probability formula to tell how many bits will be changed when 1 is added to a 32 bit binary number.
- How do you think Media Agencies make money?
So, how many were you able to answer?