In the world of marketing, having a local advertising strategy is a must. Our digital marketing firm knows local advertising can be a great way to help you expand your professional presence – especially if you’re a small business. When you advertise locally, you portray yourself as a local among locals, which helps you relate to and build more personal relationships with your customers. But in order to be successful, you have to make sure your advertising benefits your customer.
If you’re thinking of investing in a local advertising campaign, here are some tips to remember:
1. Consider placing your ads in unusual spots or during off-hours. You’ll spend less money and still reach potential customers.
2. If you sell another company/individual’s products, offer to split your advertising costs with them. After all, you’re helping them gain exposure too.
3. Make sure you’re present (and have the correct address) on Google Places. This will make it a lot easier for people to find you.
4. Figure out your most popular customer demographic and make sure some of your ads appeal directly to them.
5. Gain exposure by donating one of your products to a local radio station for a prize or giveaway.
6. Submit press releases to newspapers and magazines when something exciting happens at your company. (Make sure they’re newsworthy, not just advertising.)
7. Partner up: If your business is near another small business, offer to help each other out by putting out their brochures, signs, or fliers.
8. Sponsor or volunteer at a community event. This will not only improve your exposure, but also improve your reputation.
9. Instead of one big ad, create several small ads. You’re more likely to reach more people this way.
10. Contact your local transit company to see if you can put an ad on a bus, bench, or shelter – a great idea if you’re located in a city.
11. Give your customers more than they expect. …See what we did, there?
At Prager, we can put together a local advertising campaign to help your business gain exposure. Call our digital marketing firm today to talk to one of our experts!